Osteopathy4u can make a full assessment of your foot mechanics and, if necessary, prescribe custom made orthotics to fit all types of footwear.
Since feet are the major weight-bearing part of the body, foot pain is common. The foot contains 26 bones and many small structures which support and balance the weight of the entire body. Walking puts up to 1.5 times one's body weight on the foot, and humans walk an average of 1,000 miles per year.
Foot pain is not normal and should not be ignored; problems can affect the functioning of other parts of the body, including the hips, knees, and back.
- Orthotics are prescribed to:
- Reduce the symptoms associated with many foot related pathologies
- Improve gait and reduce low back pain
- Provide support
- Accommodate foot deformity
- Provide better positioning
- Relieve pressure on a certain area of the foot
- Improve the overall biomechanical function of the foot and lower extremity
If you suffer from...
- Back & neck pain
- Upper & lower limb injuries
- Shoulder, rib & jaw injuries
- Sciatic and other nerve pain
- Arthritic pain
- Sports injuries
- Whiplash affected disorders
- Circulatory and digestive problems
- Muscular injuries and sprains
- Post-injury rehabilitation
- Acute / traumatic injuries
- Stress & anxiety
- Gait biomechanics & orthotics